The raw ingredient on which all giving depends.
What do you want out of life? For us, it’s a cure for cancer in our lifetime. We believe we can make a difference in an individual’s life. We believe in the power of sincerity and flavor. It’s an odd combination, but sometimes it takes an unusual approach to solve difficult problems.
So when looking for true goodness, true generosity, and spirit of purpose, we look no further than the hearts of those who love to cook and those who love to eat. Although the Boston Bakes For Breast Cancer tradition started ten years ago, it starts a new every year. It’s what we call, ‘Dessert with a purpose.’
- Bring about wellness through nourishing the spirit of the individual
- Enrich the soul of the city in order to support the wellness of its people
- Share wellness through gastronomic discourse and commerce
- Apply funding to breast cancer research and care
- End breast cancer in our lifetime
- $1.4 million donated to Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Increase public awareness about breast cancer
- Encourage community to share stories of triumph and victory
- Fortify everyday those who fight cancer on the frontlines
To all the Aunties and Uncles, to each Mother and Son, Daughter and Father, Dear Friend and Colleague who have taught us, inspired us and encouraged us through their fearless spirit, we thank you. You inspire us to greatness.
To the numerous, tireless volunteers and participating sponsors, who have so generously given of their time, energy and money, we salute you.
We couldn’t do it without your help.